/etc/inittab config question?????

Hi all,

I'd like to use the Keyboard Request signal to start fresh terminal
windows when pressed. ie map the Menu key to Keyboard Request.

/etc/inittab contains the line:
# Action on special keypress (ALT-UpArrow).
kb::kbrequest:/bin/echo "Keyboard Request--edit /etc/inittab to let
this work."

So presumably adding a line like:
kb::kbrequest:/sbin/getty 9600 ttyS9 (or maybe /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm
???) would open a new console on ttyS9.

Of course this would work only for tty9 and not work a second time.

How can I set the tty arguement to something like ttySn where
n=highest-tty# +1?

Other suggestions welcome too.

tia,

	bill