Re: LWN: Ptrace vulnerability in 2.2 and 2.4 kernels

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 11:12:25AM +0300, DouRiX wrote:
> DouRiX wrote:
> >
> >Hi everybody,
> >
> >Does someone know where is debian about this issue ?
> >
> ><http://lwn.net/Articles/25669/>
>
> I see that there is already an update but only for mips, do you know why ?

No, that is odd.  Another short-term fix is to
'echo SaveMeJeebus > /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe', which disables the
module loading that is part of the problem.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>				   http://ertius.org/
If I want a CC, I'll ask for one! | Do I *look* like I want another damn war?