Re: How long is linux going to be free ?

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 06:52:35PM +0000, p wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 08:06:08AM -0800, adit y wrote:

Hi,

> > 2. Is there any possibility of this becoming a
> > copyrighted software in future ? ( i mean   some
> > company taking over and saying that only i am the
> > owner and only i can make modifications)
> >

> it's already copyrighted (by linus_t) under the gpl,
> i believe.
The copyright to parts of the code belonge to those people
who have written it. For some parts the copyright holder
might be a company like IBM or Intel (I don't know their
policys for such issue) but all code is licensed and
distributed unter the terms of the GPL.
The GPL is no copyright or copyright holder it's just a
license wich grants you some rights.

Sven
--
It really sucks to give your heart to a girl
You want to know her like she knows the whole world