Re: Convincing someone to switch to Linux

on Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:22:22PM -0800, Martin J. Hillyer (mhillyer@marincounty.net) wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 06:48:26AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > I can go into any local-owned computer store and they'll sell me a
> > machine comparable to Dell's offerings at around half the price and
> > they'll back thier work.  $1500 is quite expensive for a single PC.

> And it will probably have an industry standard power
> supply/motherboard connector (unlike the Dell).
>
> See, e.g.
>
> http://www.upgradingandrepairingpcs.com/articles/upgrade3_01_01.asp

Not just power supplies.  I've got a Dell (dude!) that has nonstandard
RAM and video connectors sitting on my desk (it's the client's, not
mine, thank Fnord).

Peace.

   Iomega:  click of death, Jaz Junk, and now, NAS?  Not!
     http://www.google.com/search?q=iomega+jaz+drive+failure