Re: KNOPPIX as an installer for Debian

Leo Spalteholz schrieb:
On March 27, 2003 09:02 pm, Terry Milnes wrote:

Is it possible to use KNOPPIX as a installer for Debian?  Once I
have KNOPPIX installed then add Debians stable apt repository to
add the other software that I want?

NeoFax

yes. However the stable repository will most likely have older packages than what is in Knoppix. Some might not even install I'm not sure what Knoppix is based on. I would go with testing sources.

leo

knoppix is based on a mix between testing and unstable .. if i were you and i wanted to use stable i'd install completely new with the normal debian installer - that is not much more difficult

cheers
stef