Re: [OT, FLAME] Linux Sucks

I have but one comment, it isn't "easier" or "harder" with a graphical interface, it is different. For myself, I think in lists and never in pictures, I think text mode screens are great and graphical interfaces needless complications made by idiots solely to make my life difficult, however I recognise I am an extreme case and that there are other perfectly sane experience and technically competant sysadmins who take a diametrically opposed view. Oh and thinking about it I lied I have other comments, not every distro needs to anything of the sort, the reason why many distributions are an advantage over a single one is that they are different, maybe it would help some people if "every distro that wants to cater to Desktop users implemented a GUI installer" but so what? Some distributions will do so, people working on other distributions will look at these and say either "Wow that's good, lets do something like that" or "good idea but if we did it this way it would be even better" or "stupid bloody waste of time what prat did that?". These people will then act according to their opinions and the users will choose. Now if we are talking a perfect installer, I vote for a single floppy that I can insert in the front of a brand new clean machine plugged into my network, answer 4 or 5 simple questions and it goes away and installs a complete system from the net over the next hour or so, that would be a text mode installer for everyone to love!
Jeff