Re: Convincing someone to switch to Linux

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 06:48:26AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 04:13:14PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > Perhaps I am out in left field, but if a business considers a $1500
> > computer "expensive", there may be other problems at said company
> > besides fear of linux.
>
> I can go into any local-owned computer store and they'll sell me a
> machine comparable to Dell's offerings at around half the price and
> they'll back thier work.  $1500 is quite expensive for a single PC.

I jumped into the thread late and thought we were talking about a
server, not a plain vanilla PC.

Personally, I build my own PCs or buy crazy stuff off ebay :-)

  THEY planted The Lone Gunmen to MIND CONTROL the public into seeing
  TRUTH SEEKERS as CONSPIRACY NUTS.