hub.c

Hello!

I have some problem with the usb driver in linux kernel 2.4.20. I don't
now who can I write to, so I thought I should give a try here.

I have an usb flash drive (usb pen drive).
If I connect it to the rear (integrated, port 1) usb port, it works
fine. But, if I connect it to the front panel usb port (port 2), it
doesn't work. Now, here comes the complicated part :)
If I first connect the pen drive to the front (port 2) usb port, It
doesn't work. I have to connect it to the integrated (port 1) usb port,
and then I can mount it. After the umount, I disconnect the pen drive
from the port 1, and wow, it works in the front panel (port 2) usb port.
So I have to connect it to the integrated port first, if I want to use
on the usb port 2 (front panel usb port). I don't think this is normal.
Sometimes when, I connect the drive to the port 1, I get an error message:
"hub.c: connect-debounce failed, port 2 disabled"

It uses scsi emulation over usb. I can mount the drive with device
'/dev/sda'.

After about 10 minutes, the port2 stops, and it doesn't work again. Then
I have to do that work all over again (unplugging, plugging to the port
1 etc...).
I know it is very strange, and complicated for the first time, but I
hope, that someone can help me solving this problem, or telling an other
email, which supports this driver.

Thanks:

Levai Daniel
leva@ecentrum.hu