Re: Stuck with vesa framebuffer not working

#include <hallo.h>
* Frédéric Dumont [Tue, Mar 25 2003, 10:17:22PM]:
> I have a Compaq Presario 2520.  When I try to load the vesafb module,
> I always get an error:
> /lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/video/vesafb.o: init_module: No such device or address
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.

You cannot load this module directly, you must provide a boot option.
And in this case you also must make sure that the module is loaded
during the startup since you won't have a console till this happens.

Background: vesafb was never meant to be built as module, it is a joke
introduced in Debian to keep the kernel modular, at any price.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Lieber gut drauf, als schlecht dran.