Re: KDE 3.1 installation complains about kmidi

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 08:06:28PM +0100, Robert Bj?rn wrote:
> My Debian installation still seems to be working, despite that apt-get took a
> lot of stuff from unstable. I hope my good luck continues.
>
> The reason that I took KDE from unstable was because I thought it was the way
> I was supposed to do, in order to get it installed, given that it wasn't
> present in stable.

Generally, no, you shouldn't do this. If you take stable and install
package sets as large as KDE from unstable on top of it then you might
as well just run unstable all the way. Various people provide backports
for major things such as KDE so that you can run them without having to
destabilize the rest of your system.