Re: "Upgrading" to hardware RAID

hi ya

yu're barking up the same tree i did a couple weeks ago

if you're using the 3-ware 7500-x series..
	- connect the drives
	- run their silly utility to make the raid device
		( or play with it as a jbod first: sda ... sdh )
		( and its software raid if you did not runthe utilties
	- fdisk /dev/sda  ( after configuring the disks )
	- mke2fs -j -m 1 /dev/sda1
	- mount /dev/sda1 /Raid.ware

- more info
http://www.1U-Raid5.net/HW/3ware.uhow2.txt