Re: Good open source primer?

* stan <sdb13@meadwestvaco.com> [20030325 11:27 PST]:
> I found myself in a discussion wiht my bosses boss this morning. It was
> about how we had time synched all the *NIX boxes.
>
> Somewhere in the middle of the discussion, it became quite clear that he
> simply _did not understand_ the concept of obtaining a peice of software
> that he did not have to pay for :-(
>
> I guess it never occured to me that there could be this lack of
> understanding.
>
> I would like to provide him with a gentle introduction to open
> source/public doamin software.
>
> Any susgestions?

I noticed that CIO magazine's cover story this month looked like
something about Open Source for PHBs, though I didn't get a chance to
read it.  Boss' boss sounds like someone more inclined to read a
dead-trees publication with suits as the target audience.  Definitely
give the article a read-through to see what it actually says before
pointing anyone at it, though.

good times,
Vineet

> --
> "It takes but one foe to breed a war, not two, and those who have not
> swords can still die upon them."
> - J.R.R. Tolkein

I believe that's 'Tolkien'. =)

good times,