Good open source primer?

I found myself in a discussion wiht my bosses boss this morning. It was
about how we had time synched all the *NIX boxes.

Somewhere in the middle of the discussion, it became quite clear that he
simply _did not understand_ the concept of obtaining a peice of software
that he did not have to pay for :-(

I guess it never occured to me that there could be this lack of
understanding.

I would like to provide him with a gentle introduction to open
source/public doamin software.

Any susgestions?

--
"It takes but one foe to breed a war, not two, and those who have not
swords can still die upon them."