Re: Installer - Was: [OT, FLAME] Linux Sucks

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 19:06, Alfredo J. Cole wrote:
> El Lun 24 Mar 2003 12:03, nate escribió:
> (...)
> > hopefully this time around there's enough time for them to get it
> > working, though I don't know if we'll see an official X11-based installer
> > for the next revision, I hope that they have the backend and a
> > ncurses-style installer done for the next release.
> >
> > nate
>
> This is really good news. Thank you and regards.

It is indeed; especially if the X interface is going to be just
*another* interface. It would be a great loss if the curses / text
interface disapperared or was not as good as the X one. I must admit
that I quite liked the potato curses installer much more than the Redhat
ones. It was very simple yet at the same time powerful esp if it had the
2.4 kernel.

It would be good to start everyone off with a choice of installer
interface to get them used to the range of choices available with most
other pieces of software in linux.

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com