Re: Root login to Windows X

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 03:30:33PM -0700, Francisco Castellon wrote:

>    Hello list:
>

>    I just finished installing my first Debian system and I seem to not be
>    able to log on to Windows X using the root account, I can easily log
>    in with any other account though. I have tried choosing different
>    types of sessions (Gnome, Debian, KDE, etc...) at the log in screen
>    and it still keeps on saying: "The system administrator is not allowed
>    to login from this screen."

correct. usually, root can not start x. although i dunno how to enable
it.

usually, all control tools will ask for root password when you try doing
something not allowed for a normal user.

if your program doesnt do that, start a terminal program, get into su
and start the program from that prompt.

hth

--
regards,