Re: dpkg-reconfigure: command not found

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 09:57:12AM -0800, Debian User wrote:
> I just installed the vanilla install of Debian.  I'd like to
> reconfigure several things, but when I do dpkg-reconfigure, I get
> "dpkg-reconfigure: command not found".  Is this still how I'm supposed
> to reconfigure packages?

It is how you're supposed to reconfigure packages that use debconf
(recognize them by the dialog box you get when they're installed), which
is by no means all of them. Many packages simply have configuration
files: this isn't an obsolete thing that's going away, it's just that
debconf is sometimes more appropriate. You need to be familiar with both
approaches.

dpkg-reconfigure is in /usr/sbin. It's possible that that isn't on your
$PATH.

Cheers,