Re: help with playing a midi file

Mark L. Kahnt wrote:

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 00:43, Paul Scott wrote:
Mark L. Kahnt wrote:

On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 22:18, Paul Scott wrote:

My sound card works. I am using KDE on the 2.4.20-k6 kernel. I have a number of midi players installed - kmid, rosegarden. They all look like they are playing midi files but I get no sound.

Understood. It's an SB AWE-64.
I used an SB AWE-32 for years - so old it was ISA bus (not as though
modems or sound cards *really* need the bandwidth of anything more than
that.) The AWE-32 was a two part driver, iirc, and I'd be surprised if
the AWE-64 is any different. I've appended the info from the kernel
source Documentation directory. The package awesfx includes the programs
to load sound samples into your sound banks.

Thanks very much for all this information! I have installed the awesfx package and:
joy:/tmp# sfxload
No AWE synth device is found

Some of links in the material are not working at the moment but I will read and work with this to see what I can do. I'll report back as soon as I can.

Thanks again,

Paul