Re: help with playing a midi file

Mark L. Kahnt wrote:

On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 22:18, Paul Scott wrote:
My sound card works. I am using KDE on the 2.4.20-k6 kernel. I have a number of midi players installed - kmid, rosegarden. They all look like they are playing midi files but I get no sound.

Any ideas for diagnosis?

TIA,

Paul Scott

And what, pray tell, is the make/model of your sound card? Simple audio,
and the reproduction of sound shapes (what MIDI does) are two different
functions of the same card, and the latter isn't always implemented at
the time the first part is available.
Understood. It's an SB AWE-64. The KMid web site says this card should be supported. I have read the Sound and MIDI HOWTO's and other docs to try to understand this.

Thanks,

Paul