Re: [SOLVED]Re: apache authentication

Jacob S. wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 18:07:03 +0100
Ernst-Magne Vindal <ernst@vindal.com> wrote:

<snip - working on http auth in apache>

But...
If I want more sites/pages under /www to have authentication, how to
do that? Can I do:

<Directory "/var/www/na">
AuthType Basic
AuthName "By Invitation Only"
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/passwd/.htpasswd
Require valid-user
</directory>
<Directory "/var/www/test">
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Test site"
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/passwd/.htpasswd
Require valid-user
</directory>

Many thanks for help

I the conf above, and it's working fine.

Thanks for all help

--
/ernst

If adding the authorization requirements in httpd.conf works, but a
.htaccess file doesn't, I suspect you need to change the options that
.htaccess files are allowed to override.
Checking my httpd.conf file, it looks like the default is to allow
.htaccess to specify auth requirements in home directories, but not the
DocumentRoot. For more details, look at the "AllowOverride" option in
your httpd.conf and the apache documentation.

HTH,
Jacob

----- GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/

I think you have are right, I'll take a closer look at this one. I'we really learn a lot these days, playing around with apache.

Thanks again

--
/ernst