From: Mark Zimmerman [mailto:mark@foresthaven.com]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 5:59 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Mounting 250mb Zip Drive (Internel)

(http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200301/msg02811.ht
> ml)
>
>  It's just a basic 250mb zip drive which is on the same IDE ribbon
cable
> as the cdrom.

The device is probably /dev/hdd, then, so try /dev/hdd4. Also, to see
the partition table, use 'fdisk /dev/hdd' and print the table.

You should be able to see hdd somewhere in dmesg. If not, you may not
have built the necessary kernel modules.

-- Mark