Re: Mounting 250mb Zip Drive (Internel)

Alex Togstad wrote:
Howdy;

I’m trying to mount my Zip drive, but its just not working.

I’ve tried:

mount /dev/hda2 /mnt/zip1/

mount /dev/ide/ /mnt/zip1/

mount /dev/scsi/ /mnt/zip1/

mount /dev/hdb /mnt/zip1/

I was looking in the archive and found a few posts, but the ‘hdb4’ dir was not in the dev dir which was recommended by a user to use to mount the zip drive from. Post can be found here (http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200301/msg02811.html)

It’s just a basic 250mb zip drive which is on the same IDE ribbon cable as the cdrom.

Can anyone suggest any ideas?

Thank you!

____
Alex Togstad
Web Developer
alextogstad@3dretreat.com <mailto:alextogstad@3dretreat.com>

--Custom Built Servers the way you want them. Ask me for a free quote!!

try using the /dev/sda, usually sda4 for logical partition.
take a look at http://www.linux-usb.org/ for more info.

--
/ernst