smbclient and ISO8859-15

Hi,

I am accessing a (spanish) M$ WinXP PC from my Debian box. I mount the Window$ drives with the help of LinNeighborhood (which invokes smbclient to do the job). Everything goes ok, but I am unable to see the local characters (like ö, €, ñ and so on) correctly.

What do I have to do? I tried to modify the /etc/samba/smb.conf, adding a "character set = iso8859-15" entry, but nothing changed... I've noticed that a /usr/share/samba/smb.conf file exists on my system. Maybe LinNeighborhood forces smbclient to use this conf file instead of the Debian default one?

Thanks for any help you can provide me...

Emilio