Re: mail retrieve

Mark Roach wrote:
On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 05:01, Ernst-Magne Vindal wrote:

Florentin Ionescu wrote:

Is there a mail-retrieve-program which can be customized to delete
messages on server after a period of time ?

take a look at fetchmail, and man fetchmail.

I use archivemail against my imap server to keep my mailing lists
trimmed to just the past 2 weeks worth of messages

I just have the following in my crontab:

#  m   h  dom mon dow command
# auto archive debian-user messages over 14 days old
   40  8   *   *   *  archivemail -q -d 14 --delete imap://mrroach:password@okmaybe.com/INBOX.debian-user

HTH

-Mark

It looks to me that archivemail is a better solution, sinse fetchmail can only delete after a n=number_of_messages (if I didn't read the man wrong.)

--
/ernst