Re: [OT] Backup solutions

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, stavel@brailcom.org wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
>     Bob> Opinions?
>
> I tried rdiff-backup.
> I uses rsync-like transfer method to minimize net load and diff-like store method to save
> incrementals. Diff method is extended even for binary file (that is rdiff algorithm).

Just a random from-the-field report...

I tried using rdiff-backup.

It consistently choked after having several incremental backups.

I don't know what the problem was - I'm not a python fan, and have a
bad feeling about backup software that chokes, so I didn't persue it.

If you use it, I recommend keeping a close eye on it.

-j

--
Jamie Lawrence                                        jal@jal.org
"The greatest thing about hope is that it makes absolutely no