Re: mutt and aliases

At 03:04 AM 3/21/2003 +0000, Joao Clemente wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 08:52:50PM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> I have this line
>
> source ~/.mutt.aliases
>
> in my .muttrc file, but when I *add* an alias, it wants to add it to
> .muttrc and not .mutt_aliases. I'm guessing that that line only tells
> mutt where to LOOK when it needs to lookup an alias, NOT to save them
> when I create one.
>
> Is it possible to have mutt *write* to the alias file I spec'd ??

Btw, how do you take out addresses automatically?
I've tried to use the mail2alias add-on, but I didn't find it very
good... It would take only the 1rst address it would find and I usually
wanted some other address...

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean get the aliases that are in .muttrc and then into .mutt_aliases instead ?? If so, copy-n-paste. ;-) That's what I did, at least.

Hall