Re: DVD/CDRW drives support

Note the message when failed loading ide-scsi.
This must be because it is compiled into the bf2.4 kernel
(not a module), as well as the other modules you noted are
missing.  I hadn't even thought of this because I always
compile my own kernel.  So you should give the following
kernel command line options at boot (you can reintall LILO
or whatever boot loader you are using with these options to
avoid needing to enter them in at each boot):
ide-cd ignore=hdd

Then try the below again with the line
"pre-install ide-scsi modprobe ide-cd"
removed (since ide-cd isn't a module).