[OT] boot CD from grub?

Hi,

this isn't exactly Debian related, but I didn't find a good place to
ask, sorry.

I have a system that won't boot from (SCSI-)cdrom when any IDE
harddrives are configured in the BIOS (yes, this is very definitely a
bug).  This is somewhat annoying and I am looking for a workaround.

As I do have a floppy disk drive I was thinking of booting Grub from a
floppy disk and then chainloading on from the CD.  Unfortunately, this
does not seem to be supported by Grub.  Has anybody found a way to
make this work, or is there some other way to force booting from CD,
bypassing the BIOS?

Thanks for any hints or pointers...

Ciao,
   Jens