Re: xv (graphics package)

* Jerry_Bash@spectral-sys.com <Jerry_Bash@spectral-sys.com> [20030319 11:18 PST]:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to recall that the xv package (graphics viewer / editor) by John
> Bradley was formerly included in an earlier distribution (potato, maybe?).
> It doesn't seem to be in the current distributions.   Does anyone know if
> it is available any longer as a debian package?  Maybe I'm not looking in
> the right place.

xv is neither Free nor free.

It was in a while back (slink, maybe?) but removed, because, although it
is (was?) a popular tool, including it in Debian would be illegal.

You can download and install it free of charge for personal use from
John Bradley directly, see

http://www.trilon.com/xv/

Personally, I prefer any number of Free tools available in Debian.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/