Re: Error with apache and MS Proxy

unused@xs4all.nl wrote:
During this weekend I did a apt-get clean, apt-get update, apt-get
upgrade, apt-get dist-upgrade. During this process some questions where
asked, I can't remember exactly what the question where, but something
with smtp name, and some other questions. The package name was some perl
thing

that sounds like the libnet-perl configuration I went through this morning after a regular 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade' (also sid)

no idea if it's your problem, it might be a place to look.

the problem sounds stranger than that to me if telnetting to 80 works.

I don't know if it's the same host you're having problems with, but I just tried "http://xs4all.nl"; both in mozilla & via telnet & got:

SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.5p1
Protocol mismatch.

yet with "http://www.xs4all.nl"; I see your site; maybe you just need to create a ServerAlias to make those equivalent?