Re: Download accelerator

* Joao Paulo <jserrachinha@esoterica.pt> [20030317 02:51 PST]:
> John wrote:
>

> >There's a gui called downloader for x , it's in unstable anyway
> >apt-get install d4x
> >
> >or alternatively download the source and build it yourself
> >http://www.krasu.ru/soft/chuchelo/
> >It supports multiple connections for downloads ( iff the other side
> >allows it of course )
> >Ive been using it for a long time.
> >
> >cheers
>
> Yes, very good. It's like ms$ getright.

GetRight is a product of Headlight Software, which is, AFAIK, not in any
way affiliated with the microsoft corporation.

The GetRight site indicates that they are working on versions for Mac
and even Linux, and also relays reports that it works under WINE.  So if
that's what you're looking for, it may be a way to go.

I haven't used it since I liberated my desktop many years ago, and I
don't know if it supports segmented downloads, etc.  I'd prefer to
recommend a Free solution, but I don't use any download managers
(besides mozilla's built-in one) so I can't give a good recommendation.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/