Re: How do I get the install disks to recognize my network?

John Fisher wrote:

On Sunday, March 16, 2003, at 06:42PM, sean finney <seanius@seanius.net> wrote(heavy snippage):

Due to lack of funds and lack of access to CD-burner, I was hoping to use the Floppies / net install option to install to my new comp ( Intel D845GBV moterboard with onboard LAN ).

do you know what chipset it is?

mobo is 845G. The NIC / LAN whatever, I dunno.

i would guess that it's an ether express
card of some kind because the mobo is intel, so try ctrl-alt-d2 to get a
root prompt during install, and running

modprobe eepro100

then
ifconfig eth0

modprobe eepro100 says Device or resource busy, insmod /lib/modules/2.2.20/net/eepro100.o failed.

"lspci" is your friend. My guess is that you have a new variant of the eepro100 chipset, and lspci will report "unknown", in which case you'll need a 2.4 kernel and probably the newest drivers from intel.

Kent