/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltcl

Hi, all:

I'm trying to compile a program - not mine, I'm not a C programmer - which
wants tcl.  At first, it couldn't find tcl.h, but I supplied the full path
(I know, that's not really kosher) and it got past that error.  Now, I get
the subject error.  In context, it looks so:

# make
gcc tcldtk.o -ltts -ltts_us -ltcl  -shared -o tcldtk.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltcl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tcldtk.so] Error 1

I have /usr/lib/tcl8.0, 8.0jp, 8.2, 8.3 and tclX8.0.4.  Maybe that's the
problem?

Any suggestions?

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*