Re: file server recommendations?

Try the free cygwin download:
http://www..cygwin.com/

Kevin Coyner wrote:

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 05:12:09PM +0000, Shri Shrikumar wrote......

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 22:09, Jack Pistachio wrote:

I'd suggest ssh, sftp, and scp, which all come in the
debian ssh package.  To use these with windows, I'd suggest
putty sftp client for windows.  This seems th easiest way
to do it.  This, of course, requires that your friends are
users on your system.

www.ssh.com have some very nice and easy to use windows clients as well
both for ssh and scp.

What's a good, and hopefully open source & free, program that can act as
a SSH server on a Windows box?  I do most of my work in Linux/Debian,
but there's one offsite webserver I have to take care of that's Win2K.
Presently I ftp files up to it, but I'd rather be doing something a
little more secure.  Is there a way of getting an SSH server running on
it that my Debian SSH client can connect to?

Thanks
Kevin

= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =
=     http://www.sun.com/service/sunps/jdc/javacenter.pdf       =
=  www.sun.com | www.javasoft.com | http://wwws.sun.com/sunone  =