Re: making nvidia drivers

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 11:13:35AM -0800, John F. wrote:
> I looked at that, but the part with "make-kpkg modules_image" seems like
> it is starting to compile a new kernel.  I don't know, but most of the
> questions I was being asked made no sense to me, I'm still kinda a
> newbie after a year and a half in Linux.  I don't know what I'm supposed
> to do.

take a look at my instructions, skip the step about making the kernel
and instead install the kernel-headers package that matches your
installed kernel (uname -r).  you may need to do

ln -s kernel-headers-`uname -r` linux

in /usr/src too, i haven't used kernel-headers in a while...
and this is assuming you haven't compiled your own kernel.

the rest of the steps should work after that

	sean