Re: Convincing someone to switch to Linux

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 20:20, Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:
> When you have succeded in setting up the LTSP, the server, samba, printing,
> openoffice etc. /leave it like that/. Don't touch the system unless there are
> bugs to fix or serious flaws appear. If the machines are unavailable because
> you are hacking around on a new version on xy you will ruin all your good
> credits.

I just want to stress the importance of this little bit here. *do not
mess* with these machines once they are configured. Use a seperate
machine for messing around. If they break - even once, your credits go
down exponentially faster than you built them.

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            Edinburgh, Scotland     Tel: 0845 644 4745
Email: shri@urbyte.com                             Web: www.urbyte.com