Re: GIF driver for Gimp ?

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 02:46:35PM +0000, dave selby wrote:
> I am using gimp quite heavily, I need to save files in .GIF format but
> it appears not to be supported.
>
> I have been on the Gimp mailing list, they suggest I may need a .deb
> file to enable it because it is supported in standard Gimp.
>
> Having browsed through aptitude there are a lot of files related to
> GIF, and some legal stuff about not being able to compress images.
>
> Does anyone know which .deb to install to enable .GIF on Gimp,
> preferible in compress mode as well as de-compress.

gimp1.2-nonfree
package includes GIF support for The GNU Image Manipulation Program.
These files are not freely available; their use is disallowed by the
UNISYS patent on LZW compression. Use at your own legal risk.

--
"The test of tolerance is not so much 'accepting' & 'validating' all
cultures different from one's own, but rather living at peace with