Re: GIF driver for Gimp ?

Rick Pasotto wrote:
On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 02:46:35PM +0000, dave selby wrote:

I am using gimp quite heavily, I need to save files in .GIF format but
it appears not to be supported.
I have been on the Gimp mailing list, they suggest I may need a .deb
file to enable it because it is supported in standard Gimp.

Having browsed through aptitude there are a lot of files related to
GIF, and some legal stuff about not being able to compress images.

Does anyone know which .deb to install to enable .GIF on Gimp,
preferible in compress mode as well as de-compress.

gimp1.2-nonfree
package includes GIF support for The GNU Image Manipulation Program.
These files are not freely available; their use is disallowed by the
UNISYS patent on LZW compression. Use at your own legal risk.

jan-jr-ent:~# apt-cache search gimp1.2-nonfree
jan-jr-ent:~#

--
Let me meddle not in the affairs of Linuxen
For I am an idiot and will toast my boxen.

http://www.hsv-hotspots.com/
Your hotspot for Wireless in HSV, AL