Re: GIF driver for Gimp ?

dave selby wrote:
I am using gimp quite heavily, I need to save files in .GIF format but it appears not to be supported. I have been on the Gimp mailing list, they suggest I may need a .deb file to enable it because it is supported in standard Gimp.

Having browsed through aptitude there are a lot of files related to GIF, and some legal stuff about not being able to compress images.

Does anyone know which .deb to install to enable .GIF on Gimp, preferible in compress mode as well as de-compress.

Dave

I too am in need of such a plugin, but it was my understanding that the patent held by Unisys has expired.

--
Let me meddle not in the affairs of Linuxen
For I am an idiot and will toast my boxen.

http://www.hsv-hotspots.com/
Your hotspot for Wireless in HSV, AL