Re: New exim setup (and exim 4?)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Jason Wojciechowski wrote:

> I'm curious whether you have good reasons to move away from sendmail.
> The "if it ain't broke ..." philosophy is probably a good one for
> server admin'ing, and since you have a working sendmail setup that you
> like, what's wrong with keeping it?

No good reason.

The machine is on its last legs (P90 that's making scary sounds and
leaking some foul smelling liquid) and is running SuSE and I want to move
to Debian.  So good time to switch to Exim.

Why Exim?  Because I want to learn how to use it.

I posted because I'd like focus my time on things I need right away, and
to take advantage of other's experiences.  For example, I don't want to
spend too much time on Exim3 if I soon find out that I need Exim4.  I also
expect my configuration is not that uncommon, so hopefully someone has
notes or a HOWTO floating around.  You know, basic hand-holding when
starting a new project... ;)

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org