Re: dvd + cdrw + modules = problems

-- Olivier <billet@eurecom.fr> wrote
(on Friday, 14 March 2003, 05:15 PM +0000):
> Quoting  "Matthew Weier O'Phinney" :
> > -- was matthew@weierophinney.net on Mar 14, 2003 at 09:46:49AM --
>
> > In your /etc/modules file, add the following:
> >
> >     ide-cd ignore <cdrw drive>
> >     ide-scsi
> >
> > where <cdrw drive> is the drive spec for your CDRW (hda, hdb, hdc, hdd)
>
> Maybe it's worth to point out that to do it the Debain way, you
> should create a file in /etc/modutils/  say /etc/modutils/cdrw
> which will contain that stuff. Then update-modules should be run
> that will update /etc/modules.conf

Good point -- the file would read:

    options ide-cd ignore=<cdrw drive>

And then you'd put the following lines in your /etc/modules:

    ide-cd
    ide-scsi

(and it *IS* the Debian way to put modules you want loaded at boot in
/etc/modules! Just not options, etc. My bad. Though it *does* work!)

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net