Re: Getting Ogle to work

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:28:32 +0100
martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> sat at his keyboard and wrote:

> also sprach debian_newbie <jerryvb@ispwest.com> [2003.03.11.2252
> +0100]:> OK, where do I get it?
>
> http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/deb/

OK, I got it and installed it. Now Ogle plays dvds! It starts the dvd,
then about 5 seconds into the dvd it stops. Then, about 30 seconds later
it picks up and goes on just like nothing ever happened. Audio is low, I
have to crank it up with Kmix, video was at first kinda jumpy. i used
hdparm to turn on dma on my dvd drive. Now the video is a lot better.
Still a little sticky at times. I have a PIII 450 HMZ, 458 MB SDRAM, ATI
Radeon 7500 64MB system. Shouldn't that be enough power to play dvds
smoothly?

--
debian_newbie,
Thanks