Re: Getting Ogle to work

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 09:46:23PM -0800, debian_newbie wrote:
> OK, did this. Still, when I run Ogle I get the GUI, but I cannot open
> the Preferences. If I then open "File>Open Disk", Ogle starts to read my
> DVD but then crashes. I get this in the terminal:

Yo!

I have not followed this thread, but ogle crashing when starting to read
the cd reminded me of my own struggles with the app.  I found this
command, that when invoked before starting ogle helped:

export DVDCSS_METHOD=title

I can't for the life tell you where I got that bit of info, but it
worked for me.

& since I haven't followed the thread, I don't know if you ran:

/usr/share/doc/ogle/examples/install-css.sh*

That would get you a undebian library to run css.

see ya
John