Re: Apache not serving up .shtml properly

Stephen Cormier wrote:
    #
    # To use server-parsed HTML files
    #
    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

The above is the only relevant bit from the Apache config I could find
regarding server-parsed html files.

Did you uncomment the line:

LoadModule includes_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_include.so

to load the includes module and then restart apache.

There I go again showing my assumptions. I'm used to that being the default. Lemme go check.

Yeah, it was commented out. I'm so used to running Apache that I compile from source so I'm not really used to messing with the DSO section of the server config (I don't really like using the binaries as they stick Apache in /etc/apache, /var/www and every where else, where as with the source everything is in /usr/local/apache (and yes, I'd be running from source atm, but I can't figure out why I can't compile Apache, I get the weirdest error's))

Again, thanks for the heads up. :)