On testing, I get this for strace:
root@debbie(DB)# apt-get install strace
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libc6 libc6-dev locales
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  php4
  strace
3 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 52  not upgraded.
Need to get 9428kB of archives. After unpacking 950kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

And just to be sure it's  not my fault for some corruption that might
have happened, I tried to apt-get another package and it went
peacefully.

Any idea to get strace ??

Xavier

--
Xavier Barnabe-Theriault                             http://xebu.org/
Maitrise en physique, etudiant               M.Sc. Student in Physics