Apache not serving up .shtml properly

At http://stop-the-madness.homelinux.org/index.shtml there are two pieces of SSI, both of them rely on the date one is for "Today's date is" (Today is <!--#config timefmt="%A %d %B %Y" --><!--#echo var="Date_Local"-->) and the other is a "Document last modified on" (<!--#echo var="LAST_MODIFIED"-->). As you can see at the above site, the page is being served up minus the numbers.

    #
    # To use server-parsed HTML files
    #
    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

The above is the only relevant bit from the Apache config I could find regarding server-parsed html files. I have a vague idea that Debian is somehow not giving Apache the necessary numbers for the SSI, or the SSI is malformed somehow (http://jan-jr-ent.netfirms.com/stop-the-madness/index.shtml works just fine).

TIA