Question about Eduard Bloch's XFS install

I use the XFS Installation iso from
http://people.debian.org/~blade/XFS-Install/.

1) I thought I saw a 2.4.20 kernel xsf iso was available, but can't seem
to find it now.  Did I make that up? I do see there's a 2.4.20 deb
available.

2) I have the 2.4.18 "without-basedebs" iso on CD, which I use to do a
net install.  If I have a system where NIC is not supported in the bf24
install CD what would be the best way to get NIC support during
installation?  I have another system with 2.4.20 where I could build the
kernel module for the NIC, but can I use a module built for 2.4.20 with
2.4.18?

The new machine will only have a CD drive, so I suppose I could build a
new 2.4.20 on another machine and burn it to a CD-R and then use dpkg to
install the kernel on the new machine and then finish the net
installation.

Let me extend this question.  If I have source code for the NIC kernel
module I suppose I'll need to have the 2.4.18 kernel headers to compile
the module, correct?  How can I do this on another machine that's running
2.4.20 and has the 2.4.20 headers?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org