Re: [DEB-USER] Mouse/X (XFConfig-4 is right)

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:27:18AM +0000, Olivier wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I have my mouse correctly configured (and it used to work).
> However, from time to time, the pointer ( -|> on screen) is
> displayed a little BESIDE the X Window think it actualy is.
> This results in the fact I do not `click' were I see the
> pointer.
>
> What is surprising is that it happens only after a certain
> amount of using the system. I mean just after a fresh reboot,
> everything is OK. But after using some heavy apps like galeon
> and/or mozilla the problem appears.
>
> Any clue? Thanks for your help !
>
> PS: Could this come from the fact that the graph. card's memory
> amount is not properly probed?

I'll give you the solution someone gave me on my system. I'm using a
Trident Cyberblade i/1 video card, so YMMV.

Go to your XF86Config-4 file (in /etc/X11) and find the section
pertaining to your video card. Within that section, add the following:

Option 	"SWCursor" "on"

What I was told is that this causes X to position the cursor, rather
than the video card (which apparently gets it wrong). Naturally, restart
X afterward.

Paul