[SOLVED] Re: Changing X resulution (Ctrl-Alt-+/-), only using a command-line tool ???

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 05:38, Joey Hess wrote:
> Mark Janssen wrote:
> > I know I can change the X11 resolution using the Ctrl-Alt-(Numerical+/-)
> > buttons. However, on my Happy Hacking keyboard, and my laptop I don't
> > have a numerical keypad, and the regular + and - buttons don't work in
> > this regard.
> >
> > Does anyone know a tool or program to change the resulution from within
> > an X session. Wine has a tendency to change resolutions sometimes
> > without changing them back on termination... and working in a 640x480
> > screen with a huge virtual desktop isn't really handy :)
>
> xvidtune can do it, but the UI is graphical and rather clunky. Select
> the "Auto" button, then click on Next and Prev as desired.

Thanks... that is exactly what I was looking for, xvidtune has
command-line options too, and using 'xvidtune -next' or 'xvidtune -prev'
cycles through the resulututions just like Ctrl-Alt-+/-

So it works on the command-line too :)

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT