Re: Changing X resulution (Ctrl-Alt-+/-), only using a command-line tool ???

Mark Janssen wrote:
> I know I can change the X11 resolution using the Ctrl-Alt-(Numerical+/-)
> buttons. However, on my Happy Hacking keyboard, and my laptop I don't
> have a numerical keypad, and the regular + and - buttons don't work in
> this regard.
>
> Does anyone know a tool or program to change the resulution from within
> an X session. Wine has a tendency to change resolutions sometimes
> without changing them back on termination... and working in a 640x480
> screen with a huge virtual desktop isn't really handy :)

xvidtune can do it, but the UI is graphical and rather clunky. Select
the "Auto" button, then click on Next and Prev as desired.

This would be a good thing to add to xwit if someone wants to grovel
through the xvidtune source and/or X docs for the magic function calls.

--
see shy jo