Re: Apache Not Serving Up Documents

* Joseph A Nagy Jr (joseph_a_nagy_jr@charter.net) [Mar 11. 2003 09:44]:

> Nicolas Kratz wrote:

> >On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 11:24:20PM -0600, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

> >>janjrent@jan-jr-ent:~$ telnet jan-jr-ent.homelinux.org 80
> >>Trying 24.158.191.171...
> >>telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
> >>janjrent@jan-jr-ent:~$

> >I assume you and the web server are behind a masquerading router.
> >If that is the case, trying to access the outside IP of the router will
> >fail, because the forwarding rules will not be triggered. Except you
> >have take precautions in this regard, of course.

..snip..

> That remins me! Whenever I first set up the network (e.g.
> /etc/init.d/networking restart (and on subsequent reboot)), Debian
> said it was setting up IP Masquerading.

What do you get from these (in order)?

  /etc/init.d/ipmasq stop
  iptables -L
  telnet localhost 80

Whew - in any case, start here:

  lynx /usr/doc/ipmasq/ipmasq.html/index.html

Do you have NAT/pf running on the (DSL?) router in addition to
ipmasq/ip(tables|chains) on one of your machines?

--
Brian Clark | Debian GNU/Linux: 3950 packages to keep you busy.
Fingerprint: 07CE FA37 8DF6 A109 8119 076B B5A2 E5FB E4D0 C7C8